Monday, October 13, 2008

This I Believe- Yu-Hsiang Wu - Taiwan



     I believe in writing letters.  I believe in the power and love it brings on.

     Usually, I write letters to my parents.  On every occasion I stop by a new place, on special days, at any time I want to talk to them, I drop them a line.  This has become a daily work in my life.  Moreover, my parents and I all enjoy this kind of communication which we may re-read, re-taste the feeling of it.

     Sometimes, instead of telephoning, I’d like to write letters to whom I am really concerned about.  That is because I have absolute faith in the surprises and happiness that jump out from the envelope.  Those letters don’t need gorgeous phrases; simple words also can express the deepest and the best emotions from my heart.

     Once, about 5 months ago, I wrote a letter to one of my good friends.  Without splendid vocabularies, I told him I was missing him.  Additionally, at the time when Mother’s Day was near to, I tried to remind him do not fail to keep his appointment with his mother again.  What’s more, I mentioned three of our friends, one was interviewing for her new job while another one was in the military, and still another one was calling me the very first time after we graduated from the lovely high school we went to.  I hadn’t seen him for a long, long time, I had lots of thoughts and stories to share with him; however, I couldn’t find any valid postal address to deliver this letter to.  Therefore, I posted this short and ordinary letter on my blog.  After I posted it, out of my expectation, I got tens of e-mails and comments from people I do not know.  In those feedbacks, some people narrated that they cried because of the mail I wrote to my good friend.  And, some people told about the touching stories they have had that were similar to mine.  There were so many resonances which made me believe in the power and the love from letters much more firmly.

     To keep on writing letters, I do not intend to make anyone feel sorrowful; or to disclose my feeling purposely.  All I want to do is to let those I truly loved know my heart.  I will keep on writing letters because I firmly believe in the power of letters and the love it brings on.

No comments: