Wednesday, October 8, 2008

This I Believe- Jong Tea Hu - Korea




I believe in the power of experience

I was very shy when I was a child. I didn’t speak in public. I didn’t talk to anyone to ask something. I was afraid of speaking in public and I thought I looked strange. My teachers didn’t understand me when I went to kindergarten. I felt the other children were different from me. So, I became an introvert and pessimist. I also wasn’t a good student when I went to elementary school. I was very embarrassed and blushed in front of all the students when teachers called on me in a class. I wasn’t able to say anything at that time. So, they thought I had a problem with adapting myself to school life. As I became accustomed to school life, I changed a little. Of course, I still had the fear of speaking in public. To overcome this problem, I went to a speech institution. However, it was difficult to overcome my problem for a while. I had many experiences to speak out in class through school life. Finally, these experiences enabled me to give a speech in president election of class though I was not good at speaking in public. I still have a problem presenting in front of many people. However, I know that I can do it somehow. I believe experience was the power to overcome the fear of speaking out.
I also was not good at studying when I went to elementary school for the first time. My parents worried about both my study and character. However, my grades improved little by little through my experience studying. I became one of the best students in elementary school. I also was an excellent student from middle school to university. I have already gotten all the certificates which I can take in the field of my major such as Ph.D. and a Korean highest technician certificate through my experience. I knew I couldn’t do it without my many experiences in company. People who knew my growing up wouldn’t believe what I am today. It takes long time to have many experiences personally. However, I believe in the power of experience. I also believe whoever has many experiences can become like me.
I still have a fear when I challenge new things. However, I think that there are no people that don’t have a difficulty adapting themselves to new things. Though I don’t have an ability to adapt to new environments fast, I believe I can be adapted to those some day. I also believe that I will accomplish all my goals some day if I acquire such experiences continuously. I believe in the power of experience.

No comments: