Tuesday, October 7, 2008

This I Believe- Tzu Yu "Iris" Wang - Taiwan



This is I believe- Be positive, be strenuous

I believe that to keep a positive and strenuous attitude is a way to be successful. When I studied in private school at a young age, pressure and keen competition was my best friend! Although I was so unconfident and unnoticed in class, I knew the only way to catch up was to keep thinking positive and to have things done gradually. “The Best Progress Award” was the best motivation which aroused my fighting will.
Growing up in a conventional military family, my dad always says, “I do not expect that you could be number one no matter what group you belong. In stead, I ask you to make one hundred percent effort to do everything! Do not waste your time to regret from the things that should be done perfectly”. I remembered every word he said to me, from that moment on, to push myself in order to become better and better is my belief and philosophy.
When I studied in my senior in high school, dance became my favorite habit. Because of continuous practice and accumulated performance experience, I felt more and more confident and enjoyed the moments that all audiences screamed and clapped their hands. I hurt my knee and ankle seriously on a car accident. However, an international dance event was coming up four days after I injured. Oh my god, this would be a rare chance and I want to share this incredible moment with my dance crew so badly. So I put up with the pain to practice every night with my crew, and finally, we did an amazing show that night!
To have positive and strenuous attitude is what I believe when completing every mission during different life stages. As a business school student in Taiwan, I also kept my dance occupation as well. I know, you will think that “This girl must be a workaholic!” Yes, I need to admit this truth. Because I believe that if you really yearn for something, your stamina and determination will be aroused. So I tried to manage my time efficiently and balance the education as well as my interest equally. Finally, I got good grade from MBA degree and also kept my dance career so far. Again, I am not a number one girl, but I always try my best!!
I am so glad that I turn myself into a confident girl and still keep pursuing new experience and knowledge. Plus, I want to make my life as colorful as possible! In my opinion, it’s too pathetic to regret things again and again. Therefore, I want to create a unique story as my life, but how to do it? Keep positive and a strenuous attitude is my way to be successful!

No comments: