Monday, October 13, 2008

This I Believe - Chao-Yu Su - Taiwan




     I believe to be brave in saying I love you.  I mean to express the true emotion to our friends or families, not only a boy or a girl who you fall in love.  I want to say I love you loudly to everyone whom I care about.  My family and friends, which is the most important part in my life, so I want to tell them how much I love them badly.

    I lost my grandmother last year, suddenly I found out that I never told her I love her, even once, and she’s no longer by my side.  I lived with my grandmother when I was a little girl.  Until I was seven years old, I moved back to my hometown and lived with parents and my older sister.  I saw her just in summer vocation and winter vocation.  I think she must be very lonely then.

     We were very close when I was a child.  She took care of me and I relied on her so much.  I made her laugh all the time because I always talked to her like an adult.  She taught me a lot of principles to be a nice person, even though she never went to school.  I still have the greatest respect for my grandmother.

     We used to be very intimate, but the distance kept us away.  I never told her thank you for raising me up and thank you for everything you did for me.  My childhood with a lot of sweet memories is the most priceless treasure in my life.  I think this is the most regretful thing in my life.  No matter how long time goes by, it won’t take away my sadness but deepen it.  I yearn to tell her how much I love her, but it’s too late.

     I always wonder if I could have a time machine to go back to the past.  Maybe I won’t feel so sad at every moment when I am thinking of her.  I know it would never be true, I just keep wondering a quixotic dream.

     Why didn’t I tell her how much I love her?  Most Asians are not used to expressing their emotions, because we are taught to be a steady person.  I was born in a conservative society, which most of people live in and do not express their sentiments easily.  I am too shy to speak out what am I feeling and tell my families and friends how much I love them.  I am trying my best to do what I have never done before, such as a big hug and say I love you.  I don’t want to have any regrets anymore, so I believe to be brave in saying I love you.

No comments: