Monday, October 6, 2008

This I Believe - Jackvine Prescott - Panama




I Believe in Me

2007 Graduation Year, my last year of high school. During my whole life my school was my second home I used to spend more time at school than at home. Now after thirteen years I can proudly said ‘‘I’m Ex Alum from the Colegio Javier Promotion 2007''.

My life especially in high school wasn’t always happy or easy I passed through difficult times some of them happened to me in the last 2 years of high school my grades started to decrease were not good enough and . I got into a lot of arguments with my parents.

I am going to tell you two stories in my life that made me the person that I’m right now thank God, for better.

In 2006 all the students had to do a social community service were we had to spend one month in a poor country place living without light, pure water and sometimes sleeping under the stars if the house doesn’t has enough space or stability, on one hand this experience seems to be hard ,but it has the goal to make us see and value more what we have in life comparing with the real life of others that’s why this activity is something that every Student have the dream to experience it.

During the entirely month I played the role of a teacher while my friends played the role of builders building a church for the community, I was there teaching full time English, Math and Science I felt proud of me because I saw an enormous improvement ,because they were doing better at school. This experience taught the basic ideas of life that I have in my mind to be an open mind person and to appreciate all the things that I have; family, friends, opportunities and so on. I believe in me, that I’m the one that makes the things happen for better.

2007 was my last year in high school, but one of the best years in my life. November, Finals tests were getting closer, the nerves took the whole control of my soul and heart! This was my Final test to become a graduate student. During an entirely month I studied for 7 tests that included all the material that I have studied since first year of middle school up to my last day of high school.

Everything got so complex I took books, papers, Exams, notebooks from the kids in middle school it was a crazy time I couldn’t sleep for days, because I just had like 4 days each time to study 2 exams about all the things that I studied in the secondary! My hair fell, I got pimples, I got frustrated, I cried, I seemed to be like a zombie, but that was the price that I had to pay to graduate one year before. But thank God After all I passed all the exams and my fears disappeared. I didn’t have to repeat one of them my goal was achieved I was going to get my diploma I proved myself that I was capable to do that and many more things. I’m free now to choose the future that is waiting for me. I had overcome challenges in my life and I’m still doing it.

I believe in me, I believe that I’m the one with the power the builder of my future, I decide if I want to keep going or give up, because at the end of the day when the sun goes down at sunset no one will chose for you . However the people that love you will try to guide and give you advice but at the end you are the one that makes the decision. Everything in life has a solution but while the life keeps passing the life will test you day by day sometimes with harsh obstacles or easy ones just to try to teach you life lessons.

You and me as human’s beings we will get frustrated, we will cry, we will ask ourselves why!? But that’s the life and the life goes you can't get stuck in the past let's try to look forward not backward, but the funny part of this is that Always when the storm pass and everything is clear now is when we always laugh of our past and we remember our problems laughing. I still have things to overcome in my life and I will get more to overcome ,but the only thing that I have to say is let’s keep smiling let's keep fighting ,let's make wise decisions and let’s keep learning about it.

No comments: